After Nokia Care Escalation team help me arrange the collection for my Nokia Lumia 800, the carrier UPS has picked up my phone on the collection date around 11 am. All I need to do it put the phone onto a box to ensure the phone will not get damaged during delivery. When UPS arrive they will provide a envelope for the delivery.
The list below is what I been advised to do before I send off my phone.
- Create a back-up of your personal data. // this is not possible as the phone could not get switch on at all.
- Remove and retain your battery, battery cover, SIM and memory card before packing your device. We assume no responsibility for these items or their return if they are sent to us.
- Pack your Nokia device in a small padded envelope or a padded box to protect it from damage. Nokia assumes no responsibility for any damage to your Nokia device which is insufficiently or incorrectly packed.
- If possible, also include a proof of purchase, such as your receipt. If your device is out of warranty on our register, a proof of purchase will be required.
- Print this email and include it when packing your phone.
After they pick up the phone and given me the receipt to proof that they have picked up my phone, and I could start to check the progress of the delivery. However, the information will not get updated until the parcel reach the delivery centre, which will be around late afternoon. My phone has arrived the Nokia Repair Centre in next day morning.
At this point, I realised one problem. I am not sure how to track the repair status of my phone, so I have contacted Nokia Care team and ask for advice and see if they have any web portal which is similar to Samsung, to allow customer to check the progress of the repair. They said, I would need to contact Nokia Care [+44 (0) 845 0455555] to ask about the status of the repair.
As this is not a Free phone number, I guess I would wait for few more days before I contact them the check the progress. On Thursday, which is the 4th Day after I sent my phone to Nokia, I have received my phone back. I am very impressed by the speed of repair which only take the engineer 2 days to repair my phone and the design of the packaging for delivery, which is used to protect the phone is very nice. I was very pleased.
Delivery Box from UPS for my repaired Nokia Lumia 800
Nokia bag, which contain another box
Nokia Repair Centre Protective Box for my Repaired Phone
Very nice packaging
My repaired Nokia Lumia 800:
To be Continue…