In there few days, I have a strong feeling which I can upgrade the Milestones Operating System to Android 2.1. I guess it is because my friend told me his HTC Tattoo will be able to upgrade to Android 2.1 soon, at the moment I wish I has Tattoo instead of Milestone which is a lot cheaper and it also have some feature that I want but it is not avaliable on Milestone yet.
I hope this release will fix several issue. E.g. BlueTooth still does not work on all device, Sometime it crash when you playing music.[You cannot pause/stop the music after the screen lock], when the keyboard is opened, you cannot use the Compass.
In this update, they said they have enhances the performance in various perspectives
- Live wallpaper support
- Configurable multi home screen panels (up to 9 screens) <– I am not sure how to get 9 screens, I have only find 5 at the moment.
- Voice Dialer app (English for HK)<– Seems to work well
- Motorola Camera app <– They have splited the camera app into 2 now. One for phone another one for video, They have also changed the UI, which may take time to get used to.
- Facebook app
- HelpCenter app <– this app is a bit pointless, What it does is create some button on the app, which will link to a webpage for user guide/ tutorial about how to use Milestone.
- Quickoffice app (viewer only)
- Moto Car Home app
- Additional languages support (Dutch, Portuguese, Greek, Polish, Turkish) <–Unfortunately, it still does not support Chinese. it would be great to have chinese input ChangJie, T9 for the chinese input method like HTC/Acer.
The update process is very smooth which is same as before. Overall, I think this update did improve the user experience of using this mobile quite a lot. Do you agree?
For more information, please visit the URL below.
Have fun!!! =)