When I try to deploy the WCF application which I created in VS2010 to the development machine that is using Win7 64bit and IIS 7.5, I have received the following error message.
HTTP Error 404.3 – Not Found
The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be downloaded, add a MIME map.
Error Code: 0x80070032
As I am a absolute beginner in creating a WCF. I have no idea what have a done wrong.
I used Microsoft Web Platform to set up the IIS Web Server and then I published into a file system, so that I can copy and paste it to the web-server like what I did when I publish a web-application.
Finally I have realise it is something to do with the extension configuration / MIME map. I guess something is missing on the web server.
Here it is the solution.
1) Click on “Start” Menu -> “Control Panel” -> “Programs and Features“
or paste the line below, onto your address bar and press Enter
“Control PanelAll Control Panel ItemsPrograms and Features”
2) Click on “Turn Windows features on or off“
3) On the “Windows Features” window,
4) Expands “Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5.1” or “Microsoft .Net Framework 3.0” depends on which version of windows you are using
5) Tick “Windows Communication Foundation HTTP Activation” and “Windows Communication Foundation Non-HTTP Activation“
6) click “OK” and try to refresh the webpage.
If you are using older version of Windows Server E.g. 2003/ WinXP, you can try to use command prompt.
1) Click on “Start” -> “Run” -> Enter “cmd” to launch “Command Prompt“
2) Type: “C:” and press “Enter“
3) Enter the following command on the command prompt
cd “windowsMicrosoft.NetFrameworkv3.0Windows Communication Foundation”
4) Then you can enter the following command to setup WCF on your computer.
5)Then you should see a similar screen as above.
If everything setup properly on you server, you should be able to view the WCF service you have deployed to the IIS.
However…Once I solved the HTTP Error 404.3 error I have received another error like below.
HTTP Error 500.21 – Internal Server Error
Handler “svc-Integrated” has a bad module “ManagedPipelineHandler” in its module list
Error Code 0x8007000d
I will explain how I solve it in my next post.
HTTP Error 500.21 – Internal Server Error Handler “svc-Integrated” has a bad module “ManagedPipelineHandler” in its module list
Hope you found it useful